The Art of Hypnotism, Self Hypnosis and Hypnotizing others...
Many years ago I went to a Hypnotist to learn the Art. He taught me how to hypnotize myself and others. It is actually an
easy process involving very little study and practice. You must remember.... not everyone can be hypnotized. Some people are
so wrapped up in their thoughts of every day worries that they can not simply concentrate. In order to be hypnotized... you
must be able to relax and clear your mind just the same as you would during meditation..
I would suggest trying it on yourself before trying it on others. Here are the steps to hypnotizing yourself....
1. Sit on a couch in the upright position and close your eyes and your arms at your side or in your lap. Do not move around.
Just sit there and relax for a minute.
2. Clear your mind of all thoughts. How do you do this?.... simply imagine a big Dumpster or a very large metal box on
your mental screen. Then see it open and put all your thoughts and worries in it one by one.... bills... your lovelife....
problems.... your children.... your job... everything you can think of. Then close the lid and lock it! Then push it off your
3. Now sit there quietly with no thoughts for a minute. When you are ready to start... do not forget to tell yourself
as you go through each part of the body that you are becoming more and more relaxed as you go. YOU MUST TELL YOURSELF THIS!
4. Now... start with your head.... imagine every part of your head relaxing... start with your eyes.... then go to your
ears.... the mouth... all your facial muscles. spend time with each part to make sure it is fully relaxed.
5. Now go to your neck and do the same.
6. Now go to your whole chest and stomach region and start with your heart... slow it down and make it at peace. Relax
all you chest muscles and then your stomach area.
7. Now relax your arms feeling them going limp. Relax every muscle in your arms one by one including your fingers.
8. Next go to the groin area and relax all the muscle there.
9. Now it is time to do your legs.... start with the thighs and work your way down to the feet relaxing each and every
By this time you should be like a big lump of silly putty... totally relaxed and and at peace. Now here comes the fun
part. This is where you will get to hypnotize yourself and see if it really works.....
1. Site there with you arms in you lap and or at your side and tell yourself that your right arm is getting very light.
It is getting very, very light. Keep telling yourself this and feel how it is getting lighter. Tell yourself that it is getting
so light that is is staring to raise up off your lap. Feel it it getting light as you keep telling yourself this and feel
it raising up off you lap. It is getting lighter by the second and it is raising up higher and higher until it is up in the
2. Once you have achieved this and your arm is up in the air you may tell yourself it is getting heavy again and lower
it to your lap. You will now tell yourself that you will awaken fully refreshed with energy and a clear mind.
3. Open your eyes and evaluate what you have done. Write down your experience in your magical journal. If you did not
have success... try again later that day and keep trying until you are satisfied. If it never works for you.... you may be
one of those who cannot be hypnotized.
Now.... this method can be used on someone else. Try it on your best friend... except you are the one who will be telling
them to relax each part of their body. Then do the arm raising stunt with them and see if it works. Remember.... as you go
through each part of the body with them... tell them they are getting more and more relaxed and sleepy. If this works then
you can try more difficult things like making them do funny things...
Remember... DO NOT MAKE PEOPLE DO THINGS THAT WILL HURT THEM OR OTHERS!
You can also use this method to remember things and program yourself to lose weight or study better or what ever you
If you have been successful.... Congratulations! You now know how to Hypnotize